Did you say yes or going to ask the person you love and adore to marry you? Now comes the wedding planning.
So saying yes to the man or woman of your dreams was the best gift you could have asked for, wasn’t it? From the proposal to the kisses, cuddles, and tears of joy. Wedding Planning now has to begin.
Below are 8 tips on planning your wedding.
Question 1 is “When“? When are you going to get married and become soul mates? Are you wanting a Spring wedding when the flowers are in bloom? A summer wedding when it’s warm? Maybe a sunny with nice blue skies and fluffy clouds wedding? An autumnal wedding when the leaves are oranges, brown and rustic? Or a winter wedding and hopefully a white snowy winter?
The Date would be question 2 in our minds, do you and your partner have a special meaningful date you would like to tie the knot? So maybe the day you got together? Valentine’s day or the day you asked your partner to marry you?
Question 3 is the wedding location, are you wanting to keep your big day local? Do you have family and friends further afield and wish to take your wedding to them? Even a destination wedding in a different country?
In Yorkshire, we are surrounded by beautiful countryside, nature, manor house retreats, and many stylish wedding venues.
As a wedding photographer, seeing lots of different venues and locations. An example just up the road from David Howard Photography is Dunedin House, so when planning your wedding the venue is high on the list.
Dunedin House is a Georgian style venue with late Victorian Influences. Dunedin Country House is nestled in the gorgeous countryside setting of Patrington, East Riding of Yorkshire.
Question 4 is who is your wedding photographer, upon selecting the venue and the date the next question is what style of photography do you like? Here are 3 popular styles of wedding photography.
- Contemporary Wedding Photography, this style takes a more relaxed approach with the usual groups and some posed couple shots, your wedding photographer will look for artistic angles and creative lighting to create images that you will not forget.
- Traditional Wedding Photography is a very posed, often known as classical or conventional photography, a lot of input will be from the wedding photographer which some couple does not always like because some of the emotions throughout the wedding are missed due to this.
- Reportage Wedding Photography is nothing new in the photographic world however over the last several years it has become more and more popular within the wedding scene.
- Your wedding photographer will document your wedding day from bridal preparations until late while being unobtrusive and still telling a story with his or her images.
Whatever style of wedding photographer you select, I am sure you will receive images to remember.
Decor, Flowers, and wedding themes would be our question 5, what wedding theme suits you? Maybe a rainbow wedding, bright, colorful flowers and full to the brim of colour.
Maybe an autumnal theme with the oranges, creams, and browns, giving a rustic feel. Or a Peaky Blinders wedding theme, with the suits, hats, and pocket watches to match.
Question 6 is the Dress, the wedding dress is very important, we have selected 3 styles of wedding dresses.
- A-Line wedding dresses are best suited for all body types. They resemble a letter A, starting from the neckline, contouring your body shape before flaring to the train.
- Basque consists of a very fitted body and usually has a corset back. Also has a V front pattern too before flaring from the waist.
- The Fishtail or The Mermaid Dress, this type of dress is best suited to the hourglass body type. Very fitted from the neckline to the knee before the flare begins and opens out to a large train.
Hair and Makeup would make our 7th question, this is a vital part of your wedding planning. They have to be perfect and last all day and night. Think like this, your wedding day will be the most photographed day of your life. You name it, everyone will want a photograph of the bride and groom.
So selecting the correct hair and makeup artist when planning your wedding is key.
Question 8 has to be the honeymoon. Where are you going to go and visit to celebrate your marriage?
You could be planning a staycation, venture somewhere tropical and bask in the hot sun. Or as I have seen with some of our couples, do something of an adventure honeymoon.
We have seen some of our couples go skiing in the Alps, Driving the American Coast. Even a road trip to the Nurburgring to take their car around the track. The choice is yours but make it one to remember.
So after saying yes and becoming newly engaged to be married. Following these 8 tips will get you on the right track to planning your wedding day.
This list could be endless so I hope you have enjoyed reading our planning guide, enjoy planning your wedding day and have fun.